Thursday, January 13, 2011

My first carnival in Rio de Janeiro

In 2003 I had weeks passed the Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, with only a few. I moved here in March and Carnival had already finished a couple of weeks. Everyone told me about and I regretted not coming here a bit 'before.

It was February, and it had to happen eventually, for a few months, I was going to school samba different tests, as well as blocos (street parties). I felt like the time was building up to this particularWeek. It was in the air.

A week before Carnival me and two friends bought carnival costumes Alegria for a second division samba school called from Zona Sul. This gives us a place in the current competition in Sambódromo Samba Parade. We will begin at 11 clock on Saturday. I also bought tickets for the first league of competition on Monday. All the sets.

The carnival begins for me on Friday and I went over to my friend RobertSanta Teresa for the traditional caramelitas Street Festival Parade. The problem is, however, the monks, few people were wearing clothes. E 'was really crowded and it took a very long time to get your own party once there everything was good, but. Everyone was smiling singing and dancing, we had a great time and in the early hours of the morning we went home.

It was now Saturday, we went to Ipanema beach and relaxed for a couple of hours it was packed with people. In the early evening weto take home to get ready for Sambódromo. The costumes have won had the appearance of a gondolier with shoes of gold! We had practiced all the theme song and now he knew by heart. We jumped in a cab with some difficulty because of our clothes and went to the stadium. A few thousand people at our school have all been waiting for our turn, if all goes well, the school was able to win and qualify for the top division. It 'was a fantastic view of allcolorful costumes and cars, the people had all the free time working for months to prepare everything for her.

And then the fireworks started today announced the launch, our section has started to drum, the mighty roar of 200 drummer has reached us. We all started to sing, and before I knew that we live in the stadium in front of tens of thousands of people on national television. We danced, we sang and we laughed. It 'was amazing. It 's been an hour later. I felt likeI have to do something, if the taxi had lost at home all had in the school building for this moment for so long and now it was over. We were roaming around the city trying to find a street party, we had no success and returned home.

Last Sunday I woke up and went to some street parade in Ipanema and night I was sitting at home and I saw the first season of competition on German television. It begins and ends at 10 clock in the early morning hours. E 'was fascinating to see how well everything in syncwas. E 'tamed playfulness and imagination and a well-organized parade. Tomorrow, I wanted it again, now as a spectator.

Me and my friend went very early stage, I think we arrived at 8 in the clock. We had heard that there is no numbered seats is the best way to ensure a good spot. When we arrived it was too late to get the best, but we were right in the middle so it was ok. And then it began to rain, all Brazilians around me saidit always rains during the carnival. We were directly to the drum in Chapter 4, is opposite. We had a great time, but tired and wet, after three schools, we went home. It 'was a great night and never before or since have I seen a game show like that.

Tuesday is the day of the carnival and it's real or not real party last day. I visited two blocos and one of them was really wild. In the end I had a drum and danced and sang with this group of 10People for hours time had stopped. It 'been a great end to my first carnival in Rio de Janeiro and it was really worth waiting for.

He had a couple of busy days, and I could probably designed my street parties a bit 'better on a set I had a great experience. By the way, our samba school finished as the fifth.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing Blog! Planning a corporate party for your office? Checkout our list of Office carnival ideas that are fun and easy to play and even easier to make. Carnival party an opportunity for team-building in the most fun way possible.

    ReplyDelete